Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Chandigarh Diary

I was in chandigarh for 20 days along with 3 friends for a training.I had no idea what to expect there. In fact, I had never thought or wished to go that place. I had not even any remote aquaintance there and nobody I know have ever been there.For me, Chandigarh only existed in geography textbook.But now, chandigarh is one of the nicest place i have been to.Two major reasons for that:

1) One of my friends knew a family who lived there.We planned to stay there initially before moving out to a guesthouse but we ended up staying with them for the whole time we were in the city. the love and affection we got there was overwhelming. Towards our last week, we felt like we were living in our own home again and none of us had dry eyes when we left. I had known many hospitable people in the past, but this family(we called them kaku-kakima) topped them all.
2) Neelam Madam:She works in this office in Chandigarh where we went. She was our guide during the whole period of our stay. Although she cud have helped us in an very official way and let it end there, she chose otherwise. She almost adopted the four of us and went out of her way to give us a wonderful experience while we visited various places and met different people.
I have always been a optimist, never learning to distrust people even after being hurt few times.But during the last couple of months, my optimism was starting to waver. I had started to think that only your family cares for you and friendship is an obsolete term. But going to chandigarh and meeting kaku-kakima and Neelam Maam restored my faith in human nature and love for the fellow humans.
Now i am ready again to trust again and be cheated.
Coz in the end, it doesnot matter if you were loved, what matters is how YOU loved.

7 comments:

Biswadeep said...

Lucky you for finding such type of ppl in an unknown place. Hope you many such ppl in your life. Keep writting.

snow drop said...

wonerful .........the last line is heart breaking.

The Cynic said...

stories like yours are the reason why we still keep believing (and why we should keep believing) in the kindness inherent in human nature.

thanks for adding a bit more to my belief in human kindness- something that keeps wearing thin at times..

daktar said...

"Coz in the end, it doesnot matter if you were loved, what matters is how YOU loved"

Sums it all up.

techxplorer said...

Seems had a great time in Chandigarh... Really life has lot to offer than u think... look around U... U'll find a lot such people... I bet the ratio is always bigger...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.